Mamoun's is the oldest falafel restaurant in New York, and one of the first Middle Eastern restaurants in the United States.
Established in 1971 in the heart of Greenwich Village, Mamoun's Falafel is an icon in the Village, with a long history of loyal fans ranging from native New Yorkers and tourists, to famous actors, musicians and other celebrities.
Mamoun's Falafel is a destination with a vibe that can't be captured in words!
Our mouth-watering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine made from family recipes draws long lines of fans, day and night. Mamoun's Falafel was featured in the book "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Yes, our fans take our falafel very seriously. So much so that we've decided to expand, growing our famous concept throughout the NYC metro market and beyond in select territories.
What makes us so unique?
- Our Falafel is truly Famous! Cult following
- Family owned business
- High profile press and accolades including the Food Network
- Our entire menu is made from scratch
- We use only the freshest natural ingredients and the finest imported spices
- Our proprietary, signature recipes have made us famous
Fast paced and high volume service
New York Press: Best of Manhattan - Awarded Best Falafel
TripAdvisor: Popularity Index: #81 of 6,718 restaurants in New York City